Friday, January 05, 2007

Goals, goals, and more goals




Last year I accomplished an unknown lifelong goal. I say unknown because I never even thought I could be capable of running a 5K X-Country Race. I know that 3.3 miles may not seem like much to many people, but for me that was an extraordinary accomplishment. Matt supported me through the whole process. He made my training possible, and he also made the actual race possible by sticking with me and encouraging me through the whole thing. It was so much harder than I could have ever dreamed, but I never quit, I never gave up, and it was the first time in my life that I just kept going even though every part of me was screaming to STOP. It was a life changing experience for me to realize that I am not a quitter. This year I have new goals about fitness, and I plan on beating last year's time in the 5K this year.

1 comment:

{B}dreamy said...

Just wanted to say that I am so glad that you are back! And I am so proud of you! You're an inspiration! Maybe I should start thinking about a similar goal... hmm.