Friday, April 13, 2007

Back to Normal

My life is finally back to normal. I have been able to thoroughly enjoy every cold, flu, and disease that has ripped through our family the past month, because I am no longer the proud owner of Treasure Gift Enterprises. I sold my business. I can now totally focus on taking care of my family, and myself. So many things have happened and I haven't been able to even take a moment to document them. My parents were here in January. The only thing that would have made it better is if they could have stayed longer.
For Matt's spring break we took a trip with some friends to Maryland and stayed in their relatives beautiful home. We spent some time in D.C. seeing a lot of the sights that we hadn't seen before. The Jefferson Memorial is my new favorite. He is directly facing the White House so that he can keep an eye on what goes on there. It gave me chills just to stand there and read the quotes. It was amazing.
The boys have fun no matter where we go. This was taken in D.C. with our friends, Tan and Angela Jones. That is their little girl, Samantha. How perfect would it be to add a cute little girl face to our team of boys? Maybe some day. Hopefully I'll be writing more now that I am actually home some days. The business was such a blessing, but it got to be more of a burden towards the end. I was too busy, and not able to be who I really wanted to be. I'm sure many of you can relate.
This week has been perfect. James had spring break, so the boys and I have had such a good time playing games, going outside, exploring nature, relaxing, telling stories, and enjoying one another's company.
Wish all weeks could be spring break weeks.

2 comments:

{B}dreamy said...

Leave it up to you to wait and finally post something on Freaky Friday!!! Haha, just kidding! I just happened to check on a whim, not expecting anything, because let's face it, is has been a while! But so glad to see that things are going well!

I miss you terribly and wish that some sort of visit on one of our parts was in order! How fun to have the family come and visit! And look at how pretty your mama is! Shoot, we miss all the Kinneys! Oh, and your boys are getting so big, I can't believe it! What's even more hard to swallow is that Will is going to be that big, sooner or later! Craziness.

pastafor5 said...

Glad to see you back!! Yes, a visit is definitely in order! So, please arrange your summer trip to coincide with ours--since that is most important in your scheduling! Then we can all be together and see the babies born since you left us. I've still never seen Isaac, you know! And you have got to meet Will . . . he's so preciously cute and funny. (I am simply stating obvious facts.)