Sunday, August 17, 2008

James' Baptism

This was one of the most important days that our Huff clan has experienced for a long time. Matt and I have never been more pleased with James than we were this day. It was a very special experience for all of us.

James was also very happy to have his grandma and grandpa Kinney there to give talks on Baptism and the Holy Ghost. He also asked Katy and Sammy to sing his favorite baptism song. They all did a beautiful job. It was truly an unforgettable day. I wasn't quite prepared for the feelings I had. I felt the approval of our Heavenly Father, His love, and the truthfulness of the gospel was again made apparent to me through the whisperings of the still small voice. The amazing part was that I felt all of those things because of the example of my 8 year old son James. Wish everyone could have been there.

7 comments:

Hanny said...

Congratulations James! And Matt and Becah! It's a beautiful picture of my lovely nieces and their wonderful parents. I'm glad things went so well. I wish we could have been there as well.

Logan and Traci Wood said...

Congrats James...what awesome pictures to remember your special day. Hope all is going well with you...it sure looks like it.
Rebecca hope you are feeling well and that the pregnancy is going alright.

Crystal Valentine Garner said...

cute blog! Beautiful family! What more could you ask for?
I really love and miss you guys! Maybe we can see each other again someday! I'm coming to VA to see my sis is Sept. but only for a few days and won't have a car. She's wimpy about driving so my chances of getting to see you are slim to none. But next time you are in Utah...you HAVE to stop by!

Alison said...

Congratulations James! Your baptism was beautiful and we were so glad we got a chance to be there with you on your special day! ... reminds me I have some pix for you from that day...

Olson Family said...

Congratulations James! Certain milestones in your children's lives bring back a lot of memories. We hope you are all ok. The weather here in South Carolina is cooling down some, which is so nice. I am missing the fall in Virginia.

Unknown said...

Yes! I love the fall. I'm loving Fall in Richmond. I've been here for quite a while, but as the time approaches to be going home, I'm feeling twinges of sorrow at the thoughts of not being here with our Virginia family.

Unknown said...

That was really Matt's mother-in-law.